Today Mr. Nielson and I celebrate our golden anniversary...16 years on December 16th!
Here are 16 facts about our wedding day:
1. It was a cold day with snow on the ground.
2. We were married in the Provo Mormon temple at 10:00 am
3. All my eight siblings and nine of Christians siblings
(minus one brother, Stephen who was serving a Mormon mission)
attended the wedding.
4. I designed my dress and had my neighbor
Vanessa, who is a fabulous seamstress make it for me.
5. I wore a red shawl and when my new father-in-law saw me,
he called me "Snow White".
6. My grandfather (Papa Jones) married us.
7. We ate our wedding cake for dinner that night.
8. Mr. Nielson picked me up and carried me over the
threshold of our very old "new" house.
9. We checked into our hotel for the evening and Christian said:
"Mr. and Mrs. Nielson checking in", and then we both giggled.
10. Mr. Nielson didn't have a tie for our wedding day (duh)
and he borrow one of my dads.
11. Mr. Nielson saw me for the fist time in my wedding dress
10 minutes before we got married.
12. We walked to the grocery store after checking in the
hotel to get some peanut M&M's and toothpaste.
13. I saw an old boyfriend in the airport on our way to ou
r honeymoon destination. Awkward.
14. We listened to 80's love songs in the car on our way to the honeymoon.
15. I carried my Nana's white clutch to keep my lipstick and tissues in.
16. We promised to put God first in our lives and be fiercely loyal to one another.
Today my Mr. Nielson and I will spend our golden anniversary
at the Homestead, the same place we had our wedding luncheon.
I love you my sweetheart. Happy anniversary.
Spiritual Enlightenment: Marriage